Little Red Shed

Little Red Shed

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bono and the Blind

Reportedly, in the year 1546, a man named John Heywood proclaimed "There is none so blind as those who will not see."  So obviously Bono of U2 cannot be credited alone as the creator of his lyric "no one is blinder than he who will not see" from the song I Threw a Brick Through a Window, off the October album.  But it was Bono who introduced me (and likely much of the world) to this fantastic quote. So for this reason I pay homage to U2 here, Bono specifically.

There is just nothing like old U2.  Boy, War, October, such great albums ("albums" intended since they are of that era).  I love their oldest recordings on a rainy Fall day.  Or a cold day in winter. And then there's the Joshua Tree CD (probably one of the first CD's I ever purchased).  It came out in 1987, the year I graduated high school.  Oh the memories. <Sigh>

So, a great Bono (with a little help) lyric now in glass on a full-sized window.

No comments:

Post a Comment