Little Red Shed

Little Red Shed

Monday, August 6, 2012

A Few New Pieces and a Mirror like I used to make

I'm still in the midst of LOLA art crawl preparation, now just three weeks away.  I'd accumulated four 11x7 inch pieces, finished within the last few weeks, that until now had not made way onto the blog.  They are now pictured below.  And here again is the link to the LOLA website, http://lolaartcrawl.com/


 



















Also, a few weeks ago we visited some friends in Chicago.  It had been a couple years since we last stayed at their place, and I'd forgotten about the glass on wood mosaic mirror they have hanging in their living room.  I gave that mirror to them several years ago, theirs is a square frame, perhaps 10 by 10 inch, mostly in red.  Before being introduced to the glass on glass style of mosaics that I now do, I used to make those glass on wood mirrors very frequently, but it has been several years since giving this style of mosaic consideration. 

Once back home I remembered I had a rather large piece of mirror, about a foot wide by maybe 4 feet tall, and a wood frame I'd made for it at least three years ago, both collecting dust in my basement.  Inspired by the mirror in Chicago I got started on mine, it's of glass with a smashed ceramic tea pot used in the corners.  This is unfortunately not the best picture of my new mirror, but I am quite happy with the finished product when viewed in person:

                  Broken tea pot used for corner

No comments:

Post a Comment